Wednesday 11 February 2015

DIY Lion Dance Puppet ✿在家也可DIY舞狮

I saw my dear friend Min Min shared what she done together with her son, Bobo:

Tada~ I love this lively lion dance puppet very much! Oh ya, and i never forget about our readers(maybe have?! XD) so i asked for the permission from Mummy Min Min Sam in order to publish her super nice craftwork on our Ibabiesclub's FB Page~ And thanks a lot to this lovely mummy, she immediately sent over all the details to us~ Thanks Min MIn! ^^ And below are the details from Min Min~

这是号外篇~日前看到了好友MIn Min 在脸书Po了和孩子博博一起完成的舞狮手作挂饰,就是上图的那只神气舞狮啦!超神气的,又略带可爱~我是十分喜欢!然后自己也完成了一个(但是不太神气,哈哈!),但因为我都是用自己家里剩下的材料来变通,所以想说不太容易介绍给大家。没关系,赶快联络Min Min去~她当然是很乐意啦,还为我准备了高象素流程图,真是太好了!几经考虑,我还是在照片上放了原著的名字(本来Min Min是让我放Ibabiesclub的水印啦~),毕竟这是Min Min的辛苦成品,还是要归还给她的~得到同意刊登我们已经很开心了~Min,谢谢你啦! ^^ 因为Min Min附上了详细解说,下面的解说是MIn Min撰写的,是英文版~

I made this lion dance puppet together with my little boy to pass the time.
Here are the steps to do it if you’re interested

Materials:
3 paper plates
Cardstocks
Color papers
Pom pom ball – as the nose (optional)
Felt (optional)
Corrugated paper (optional)
Form paper (optional)
*Basically I just use whatever I have on hand, so you may replace it as you see fit.

Steps:
1. Cut one of the paper plates into half, that’s the eye lid.
2. Color the paper plates.
3. While waiting the colors to dry, I guide my boy to cut the color papers into stripes. These will be paste under the lion’s mouth.
4. I used 2 corrugated papers and cut them into 2 semi-circles. Then combine them together using tape, that’s the lion mouth. So the mouth can be open and close. Alternatively, you can simply use a big cardstock and cut into a circle then fold it into half. (Why I didn’t do so? Simply because I didn’t have a big enough cardstock, lol)
5. Cut another cardstock into an onion shape (refer to picture 3, back view of the puppet).
6. Combine the lion’s mouth (step 4) with the onion shape cardstock (step 5), that makes the lion’s face.
7. Cut out circles from color paper to make the pupil and iris. I use color paper, felt and form paper just because I only have white paper, blue felt and black form paper, lol.
8. Glue the iris and pupil into the paper plates. That makes the eyes.
9. Combine the eyelid and the eyes. You can simply glue it. I punch holes and let my boy to use a rope to lace the holes. This trains his fine motor skills.
10. Glue the completed eyes (step 9) into the lion’s face.
11. That’s pretty much finished. Glue the pom pom ball into the face as nose. Glue the cotton ball around the mouth. Decorate as needed.
12. My boy wanted to feed the lion and ask why the mouth couldn’t hold anything. So to fulfill his special request, I cut a tongue shape felt and glue it inside the mouth so the cotton ball could stick on it. My boy is happily feeding the lion instead of perform a lion dance for me~
Happy Chinese New Year! Hope this lion dance puppet can spice up the CNY atmosphere at your home


All Rights Reserved by Mummy Min Min Sam~





Hmm, personally feel that this is something you should never missed out! As in between the process, actually there are many steps that can be completed by your little ones (even a 2 Years Old toddler can join as well). And below are part of the making process for my funny lion dance puppet~ XD

个人觉得这个手作舞狮很棒,里面有很多细节是2岁小孩都可以参与的(是Mummy Min Min提醒我才恍然大悟~之前有打算要制作舞狮,可是看了许多网络分享,看起来是成人作品为多,我觉得看起来小朋友可能没什么参与感而放在一边,可是Min Min的分享文就清楚指出什么部分孩子们可以参与,真的太棒了!所以,我也立刻作了一个山寨版的,哈哈!和大家分享部分流程图~

Free Painting, i provided yellow & orange to Chen, and let her paint for her first lion dance puppet. ( i don't have paper plate with me, and can only found this recycled material which i kept for many months already~)
自由涂鸦~我提供了橙色和黄色水彩给小朋友,让她自己决定她首个手工舞狮的容貌~ (我手上没有纸盘,就只找到这个,感觉上应该可以代替纸盘做眼睛部分)

I like this idea (from Min Min of course), and this is the very first time for this little girl to finish the lacing activity that i provided! ^^
这个步骤可以加强Fine Motor Skills,所以我也加入了这个穿线做眼睛部分的细节。 

What's this?! Hehe, is my recycled version google eyes ( bottle cap+black color circle cardstock)! XD
这是什么?!不就是我突发奇想的活动眼~就是把一个圆形的黑色纸卡置入瓶盖而已~

Cutting activity for lion's whiskers
狮须部分可以让孩子练习使用剪刀

And, hahaha! Yes, this is our funny version lion dance puppet! lol~
这就是我们山寨版的舞狮啦~ XD


No comments :

Post a Comment